Friday, May 26, 2006

Harteis Business Insights: Getting A’s In Business

by Fred Harteis

When working with my potential or developing leaders, I keep the four A’s in mind. The letters remind me to Accept, Approve, Applaud and Appreciate.

Accept means that I accept my responsibility as the leader. I model the behavior that I want to see in my team.

The next three A’s remind me that people tend to thrive in an atmosphere where they are Accepted, Approved, and Applauded. Potential leaders will take risks and learn lessons if they are not penalized for the behavior.

Great leaders in every field know that acquiring and keeping good people is a leader’s most important task. Equipment tends to loose its value. People are assets. They can grow and add more value over time if the leader understands helps to develop their potential. That’s our focus at Harteis International and Harties Associates.

About columnist Fred Harteis

Information: Fred Harteis, owns Harteis International and serves on the Independent Business Owner Association International (IBOAI) board. A background in construction and agri-business laid Harteis’ business foundation. Under Fred’s leadership and vision, Harties businesses like Harteis Associates have grown exponentially.

Keywords: Fred Harteis, Harteis International, Jerry Harteis of Harteis Associates, Business News

© 2005 provided to Fred Harteis blog by Esource News.